Barcelona sets to reform club after interview with Messi

0 200

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Jordi Farre, Barcelona presidential candidate, has said that Messi’s recent interview has pushed the club to consider a reform which would require urgent actions.

While speaking with Goal on Thursday September 10, 2020, Farre confirmed the recent interview Messi had with Goal has forced the club to move for a vote of no confidence against the current board.

In an interview with the Goal, Messi disclosed that he would remain at Barcelona but criticized Josep Maria Bartomeu, the club president, for refusing to let him leave at end of the 2019/2020 season as previously agreed.

Farre said that the comment showed that rapid changes are needed at the club. He said this has pushed him to call for a vote of no confidence that would allow the club to hold presidential election by the end of this year.

Speaking with the Goal, Farre said, “Messi said there is no project and the board lied to him, all ‘socios’ should sign the motion of censure.

“The signature collection got hurried after Messi’s quotes to Goal, the rhythm got doubled after it, maybe he should have used another strategy but the important thing is he is staying and I still think it is possible to convince him to sign another renewal.”

Farre also hinted on the club’s financial difficulties with huge debt the club has so far incurred.

He said, “The financial situation at Barcelona is very dangerous because there’s a €800 million debt and lot payment obligations. Griezmann has been paid thanks to a private fund and FCB won’t begin to give back the money until 2021, for example.

“The new Camp Nou project must be stopped in a context of financial crisis and still nobody knows when fans are allowed to be back at the stadium anyway.

“We hope to have all signatures for the motion of censure by September 17. If we do, there will be a referendum in 30 days and if the result is against Bartomeu, the election should take part around December 5, 2020.”

Farre also said that he would be ready to compete financially with Manchester City which has been making a move to get Messi to its side.

While disclosing this, he said, “I am not afraid of clubs like Man City thanks to FFP (Financial Fair Play), FCB’s budget is still the highest one in the football world and these clubs won’t be able to have the same incomes as FCB.”

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.